Dungeon Discoveries are fun random card decks that help GM’s create immersive details on the spot. The system neutral results are fun and easy to use with near limitless replayability. Draw a card and combine any one entry from the top and bottom half of the card. The results can be minute, surprising, cryptic, seemingly meaningful or even humorous. You will never be short of remarkable things to discover!
- Each deck contains 50 cards, providing over 50.000 possible combinations
- System neutral card entries for any roleplaying game
- Each pack comes in a tuck box
Conjuring up imaginative details on the spot for your players to find is not always easy. Even seasoned dungeon masters can use a little help sometimes, coming up with stuff in the blink of an eye. Wether your player has rolled poorly on a search check or and NPC rewards them with a peculiar object, our random cards will provide you with over 50.000 possible results per 50-card deck.
Lothar: “I search the room for clues. What do I find?” – Rolls a 5
GM: “You find nothing”
Lothar: “Wait a minute, what do you mean nothing? We traveled through barren wilderness, slain the Troll King of Gurglewarts to break into the ancient Tomb of Hellcragg and I find nothing? What do you mean nothing? There’s dust on the floor, a cracked rotting table, the remains of a discarded coin pouch, scratches on that odd-looking stone over there. What do you mean I find nothing?”
GM: “Uhm, let me consult my 5th Edition Epic Tome of Interesting Things to Find In A Dungeon book…” – Flips through 400 pages for ten minutes
Lothar: “Right. Break for snacks?”
Why use Dungeon Discoveries decks?
We know: There are already plenty of random card decks out there. But they often have limited replay value and can be rules-heavy. Dungeon Discoveries decks are fast, story driven, provide high replay value and bring some lighthearted fun to the table. Here are just a few ways to use the decks:
- Search / Investigation roll results (especially when they fail or there is nothing story-important to find) you can still present interesting details
- Random treasure that is refreshing and different
- Come up with intentional red herrings or McGuffins for your adventures
- An NPC thanks the players with a curious gift